Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sept 1, 2010 North Bay, Ontario

There is a small write-up about Sokichi Takashita in the North Bay Nugget (http://www.nugget.ca/Community/NewsDisplay.aspx?c=66914) posted by someone called Danielle22. Included is an updated photo of Sokichi Takashita, with a new cart.

Japanese Man on a very, very long walk!

Posted By Danielle22

27 days ago
Imagine walking for a very long distance....how would you feel? Tired, hot, lost???

Well, this man that we met this morning was a true inspiration to me! He has been walking since May 2010 from Vancouver, British Columbia. His name is Taka and he is 62 years old. His story made me tear-up a little, but I find that he is coping with his hardship in a truly amazing way!

He is walking around the world....that is his mission. So far, he has travelled 6300km! He told me that he walks about 35km a day (possibly more) and he is very fit for a man that is in his golden years! What an inspiration!!!

My daughter Kennedy Nilsson took a picture with him, and then he wanted to take a picture of us...so myself (Danielle) and my daughter, posed beside his cart and he took our picture. We even signed his Japanese flag :) What a beautiful way to encourage such a great man!
I wish him the bestest of luck in his long journey and I hope to see very many pictures of him during his very, very long walk!

1 comment:

  1. My wife, who is Japanese, and I met Takashita-san in August just north or the city of North Bay. We took some great pictures and exchanged information. I hope he will come visit us in London, Ontario once he is has completed his journey.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete